英语话题 英语学习资源 英语微杂志
当前位置:首页>英语沙龙>英语话题>20个可以为你加分的常见英文习惯用语
771820个可以为你加分的常见英文习惯用语

外教一对一课程领取私人定制英语学习方法

22018-09-03 10:09:30

20个可以为你加分的常见英文习惯用语

1.In the nick of time: 紧要关头。


You gave me that main idea help in the nick of time – my teacher just gave us a quiz on that reading skill and I passed it!

 

你刚好在那个时候帮我找到了主旨,我的老师就安排了一场关于阅读技巧的测验,我通过了!

 

2.Let the cat out of the bag: 说出秘密。

 

Brady's surprise party is going to be great if you don't let the cat out of the bag.

 

如果你先保守秘密的话,布雷迪的惊喜派对会非常棒的!

 

3.Let the chips fall where they may: 让某事发生,不管其是好是坏。

 

I'm going to just try out for the cheerleading squad and let the chips fall where they may.

 

不管结果怎样,我都会去试试参加啦啦队。

 

4.Lose your marbles:变得疯狂。

 

Mom has really lost her marbles; she's making me practice writing the Enhanced ACT Essay seven times this week!

 

我妈妈真是要疯了;这个星期她让我写了七篇ACT的作文!

 

5.Once in a blue moon: 罕见的。

 

In Florida, the temperature drops below freezing only once in a blue moon.

 

在弗罗里达,气温降到零度以下是非常罕见的。

 

6.Plain as day: 显而易见的。

 

It's plain as day that you're in love with her, so just admit it.

 

显而易见你已经爱上她了,承认吧。

 

7.Play second fiddle: 居次位。

 

I hate playing second fiddle to my sister; she always does things better than I do!

 

我真是讨厌落在我姐姐的下风,她总是比我做的好!

 

8.Put your foot in your mouth: 说错话。

 

Jessica really put her foot in her mouth when she asked about John’s job right after he lost it.

 

杰西卡居然在约翰失业后问起他的工作,真是说错话了。

 

9.Pull yourself together: 冷静下来;振作起来。

 

Pull yourself together, man! Sure, your girlfriend just dumped you and then you got hit by a car, but you can't let those things get you down.

 

振作起来,兄弟!虽然你被女朋友甩了,又被车撞了,但你不能让这些事把你击垮。

 

10.Sick and tired: 被打扰或困扰。

 

She is sick and tired of her dog chewing up her shoes every day.

 

她的狗每天都会啃她的鞋子,让她郁闷不已。

 

11.Sleep on it: 在做决定前先考虑一会。

 

Don't tell me whether you'll move to Texas with me or not today. Sleep on it, and get back to me tomorrow.

 

今天先不要告诉我你会不会跟我一起搬去德州。先考虑一下,明天再回复我。

 

12.Snug as a bug in a rug:温暖舒适的;满足的。

 

That baby looks as snug as a bug in a rug cuddled up next to his mother.

 

那个小宝贝蜷缩在妈妈的身边,一副很舒服满足的样子。

 

13. Step up your game: 迎头赶上。

 

Listen, Jen. You'd better step up your game if you want to get all A's in Miss Finch's Physics class. She isn't easy!

 

听着,珍。如果你想在芬奇老师的课上得全A,就得奋起直追。她可不是好糊弄的!

 

14.Stick your nose into something: 干涉。

 

Sharon always sticks her nose into everyone else’s business.

 

莎伦经常干涉别人的事。

 

15.Straight from the horse's mouth: 来自最可靠的消息。

 

Listen to the news straight from the horse's mouth; we're all getting bonuses this week!

 

据最可靠的消息说,我们这周都会领到奖金啦!

 

16.Take it easy: 放松。

 

I know you're not feeling well, so try to take it easy today.

 

我知道你难受,今天试着放松一下吧。

 

17.Tip of the iceberg: 一个较大问题的显而易见的一小部分;冰山一角。

 

The fact that Carrie is dating a member of the mafia is just the tip of the iceberg; she's also smuggling contraband into the country.

 

卡莉和黑手党的人见面的事实只是冰山一角,她还参与向这个国家走私违禁品。

 

18.To not see the wood for the trees: 一叶障目;只看到细节而未注意到最重要的事实。

 

She always argues about the silliest things; it’s like she can’t see the wood for the trees.

 

她总是在一些鸡毛蒜皮的事上不肯罢休;就像看不到最重要的部分一样。

 

19.Up a creek without a paddle:处于困境之中。

 

If you don't have any money to pay for the repairs we just made to your car, I guess you're up a creek without a paddle because you can’t have your car back.

 

如果你没钱支付汽车的修理费的话,那就麻烦了,因为你休想要回你的车。

 

20.You rock!: 你真棒!

 

Dude. You rock. Thanks for offering to watch my pet iguana all week.

 

兄弟你真棒!谢谢你主动提出照顾我的蜥蜴一整周。

NO RESULT
上一篇:深圳龙岗spiiker英语收费标准是多少?老学员说说看怎么样?
下一篇:深圳南山spiiker英语收费标准是什么?性价比如何?